Value Statement

Passionate - Creative - Personal - Unique

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Teaching Adults

I love teaching adults! We have such fun & find it a different way of teaching.
This morning I've been teaching Lyn, a retired lady with an extremely busy social & family life. She also has finger nails & early-arthritic fingers so I have to work a way around that.
The Skaters Waltz is a piece that she's learning at the moment - a beautiful piece that I remember my grandmother  playing on the piano when I was a tiny girl. Such a graceful piece of music & so joyful!
The grace....& the perfection....is hard to master in The Skaters Waltz. As with other students, I often try to create an illusion to aim for when creating a story through music. With The Skaters Waltz, I can't go past my memories of Sonja Henie on the old movies of my childhood. Who remembers those beautiful old pictures??
My instructions to Lyn are..........don't give her a wet backside or make her hat fall off... LOL  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment