Value Statement

Passionate - Creative - Personal - Unique

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

'Please tap...'

2 young sisters come for a lesson each every Wednesday after school. Daddy drops them off & one waits inside for the other, then they swap. My bathroom tap is a little tight to turn on & off & the little girls frequently struggle with it. One day one of them came out to me from the bathroom & said that the tap wouldn't work.
I replied, 'well did you say please?'
She replied, 'WHAT?'
I replied, 'I beg your pardon. Did you ask the tap nicely to turn on by saying please?'
'No' she said uncertainly.
So I went in & while she said 'please tap' I quickly turned it on. She looked at the tap with amazement, washed her hands, then as she turned the tap off she said, 'thank you tap'
I quietly killed myself laughing !!!
Today the 6yo sister came out & told me that she had asked the tap nicely to turn on but it wouldn't! 'I said PLEASE but it STILL wouldn't work!' she said.
I love my job. :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment