Value Statement

Passionate - Creative - Personal - Unique

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy 2013!

Hi everyone! Happy 2013!

We all look forward to the beginning of a new year - planning, organising, relaxing......well I started well.  <chuckling>  ;)

Some gardening got started...the vege garden is full of lovely fresh produce...the new hammock in the backyard was well tried with the company of Harry Potter (a Christmas gift was the boxed set of Harry Potter books)....cleaning & organising started & planned....THEN....

The vacuum cleaner pushed me over............FIVE minutes before my first student of 2013 was expected!

The vacuum cleaner is now in 'time out' in the spare room a day for each year of its age (it's an old vacuum cleaner). It is in there to think about the consequences of its choices. I'm hoping that it will come out of there suitably repentant.

In the meantime, 10 days later, my broken ankle is slowly recovering. I have a moon boot on my right leg up to my knee (yes, my piano pedal & driving foot) & am ambulating with crutches, who have both been given rude names. I'm pacing myself as this girl has to pay the bills. Started teaching flexibly from this week. Handling it OK thanks to my office chair on wheels. I am indebted to a truly awesome mother who cared for me for 5 days before I came home & now visits twice per day to assist with those things that are a challenge. She's also my personal driver, companion, shower lady, chat mate, garden waterer & picker, & general helper. Mothers are pretty awesome!

I've been back to the Dr this morning & she's pretty happy with things so it's the boot'n'crutches gigue until about the second week in February. Thanks to mum, we are organising the house to make things easier to work & earn a living. 

I'm also working hard on my little notebook on the lounge with my leg up. As Regional & Rural Chair and Secretary of the Executive Committee for CAPA NSW I'm working hard when my leg stops complaining. I'll be down in Sydney on Saturday for an Executive Planning Day so, between you & I, the leg is gonna have to start acting its age n buck up. As I'm also beginning my voluntary role with Lifeline in early February I'm also champing at the bit to get going for this year! I also reeeaaaally miss my kids!

Piano lessons for 2013..........I'm available from this week for those who love coming & want to start early. For those waiting until school goes back, I will be teaching from the week beginning 28 January. Please phone me on my mobile or email me so we can talk about how I can meet your needs this year. Visitors are welcome if you want to chat in person - please knock on my back door as the front is awkward for me with crutches (when I'm teaching access is through the front as normal). 

Until I hear from you.....take care.....keep smiling.....& if the choice is to laugh or cry...try out both. 

Sharon ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing, how did you manage to break your ankle? Hope you mend quickly!

    We'll be back on 31st - at 4:30 now. Miss A starts daycare next Thursday so I want to give her the afternoon completely focussed on her, so piano will wait until school goes back.

    The keyboard has now been moved into Miss E's bedroom with the happy consequence that she is practising a lot more - she can just shut the door and get on with it without distractions. She is looking forward to showing you what she can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Francesca I'm SO excited!!! I can't wait to see you & the girls! Wonderful change for Miss E. Lovely 'being big' thing for her.
      Timing noted with thanks.
      Tripped on the vacuum cleaner hose whilst running down the hallway with a mug of iced water in my hand. Stiffened as I fell worrying about breaking the mug & cutting myself. Initially OK until on my knees & felt like I was fainting. Managed to phone mum quickly. Student knocked on door as I was getting myself to the lounge. Huge orange-sized lump on side of ankle by the time I got to the lounge. The base of my fibula (lateral malleolus) is broken. I did a good job. Still painful but frustration is quickly becoming the greater problem. Will still have boot on the 31st probably. But strategies in hand. ;)
      Hope Mr Claus found everyone with glee. :D

      Delete