Value Statement

Passionate - Creative - Personal - Unique

Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm just gonna share this cos i ♥ it so much !! It makes me think of my little piano students & their wonder & delight as we explore the creation of sound on a piano or percussion. Can't wait to teach again without a broken ankle so I can get up & move with the little ones as they let their little bodies explode with the rhythm & excitement! It's the worst feeling to be tied down to a chair & crutches when I have a little one dancing in front of me or laying on my floor describing their feelings or moving between extreme high & low keys on the keyboard creating words for the sounds! 
On Friday little R & M, who are sisters, were so excited at their new school holiday activity on the piano!!  They are to learn a song from the Wizard of Oz as a duet!!!  Little M met daddy on the verandah &, in a big voice (she only has big voices LOL), said, 'daddy we have to work hard on the piano EVERY day to do our homework!' Daddy looked at me with a grin & we both laughed aloud!!!  Homework was for each girl to learn the notes by themselves. Miss R, in a very organised 9yo tone, told me that we would need 10 minutes each week in between each sister's lesson to practise this duet together. Had to laugh! Daddy & I reckon this will be AS hard for the girls to get along as if we put them both in a 'Getting Along Together' T-shirt for the rest of the holidays! Miss M said, 'mummy will be SO pleased because she won't fit on the piano stool with us when we have to sit on it together!' Oh...I want to laugh & laugh & laugh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment